OOC: The following market information and statistics are consistent with what is logically true about the Intaki Prime economy keeping in mind the scarcity of details available in CCP canon. The purpose of this analysis is to provide a clearer framework for roleplay.

The Intaki economy is largely based on two things: tourism and technological exports. The planet’s GDP per capita is comfortable, considering the cost of living there; however, it still faces a high inflation rate, lack of maintenance and new investment in infrastructure, a poverty rate estimated to be 16% to 24%, a 6.4% unemployment rate (111 est.), and a trade deficit of 5.2%. So while it is a wealthy country, it’s people do not always share in that wealth.

In addition, consumption of drugs in Intaki, particularly Rise and other narcotics, has risen sharply in recent years. This is partly because traffickers use narcotics to pay their local collaborators, who then sell the drugs to local customers.

Drug trafficking brings money laundering, and can also bring corruption when traffickers attempt to buy influence. Drug traffickers show no respect for national boundaries or fundamental principles of national sovereignty. Virtually all systems are victims of the corrosive effects of the production, distribution and consumption of illicit drugs, and the laundering of drug money.

Intaki Economic Statistics

Values presented in ISK unless otherwise stated:

  • GDP (111): 2.929 trillion.
  • Inflation (111 est.): 8.3%.
  • GDP PPP (111 est.): 4.819 trillion.
  • Real growth rate (111 est.): -2.5%.
  • Per capita income (111): 69,000. (PPP 113,000, 111 est.)
  • Unemployment (111 est.): 6.4%.
  • Local Currency: nISKa (valued at appx .001 ISK)
  • Natural resources: Hydroelectric power, forest products, fisheries products.
  • Agriculture (6.5% of GDP): Products—bananas, pineapples, coffee, beef, sugar, rice, dairy products, vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants, corn, beans, potatoes, timber.
  • Industry (25.5% of GDP): Types—electronic components, medical equipment, textiles and apparel, food processing.
  • Commerce, tourism, and services (68% of GDP): Hotels, restaurants, tourist services, banks, and insurance.
  • Trade (111 est.): Exports—integrated circuits, medical equipment, bananas, pineapples, coffee, melons, ornamental plants, sugar, textiles, electronic components, medical equipment.
  • Major markets (110): Gallente Federation 33.9%, Caldari State 23.3%, Intaki Syndicate 17.9%, Minmatar Republic 10%, Amarr Empire 4.9%.
  • Imports: raw materials, consumer goods, capital equipment, petroleum.
  • Major suppliers (2008) — Gallente Federation 42.9%, Caldari State 6.9%, Intaki Syndicate 6.3%, Minmatar Republic 5.4%, Amarr Empire 4.7%.
  • Population (111): 4.299 billion.
  • Annual population growth rate (111 est.): 1.3%.
  • Ethnic groups: Intaki 92%, Gallente 3%, Jin Mei 1%, Civire 1%, Deteis 1%, all others combined 2 %.
  • Education: Years compulsory — 9. Attendance — 99% grades 1-6, 71% grades 7-9. Literacy — 96%.
  • Health: Infant mortality rate — 9.45/1,000. Life expectancy — men 74.61 yrs., women 79.94 yrs.
  • Work force (111 est.): 2.05 billion; this official estimate excludes Caldari nationals living in Intaki legally as part of Ishukone corporate operations.